Club Lleuresport is joining the Climate Crisis Marathon, help us to achieve our goal!
The three Club Lleuresport centres, CEM Can Ricart, CEM Colom and IEM Espai de Mar, are joining the Climate Crisis Marathon once again this year. From the 1st to the 28th of February, our target is to reduce CO₂ emissions by reducing electricity, gas and water consumption. The savings accrued will go towards helping families living in energy poor situations as well as advancing various adaptation and mitigation projects addressing the climate emergency.
What is the “Climate Crisis Marathon”?
It is an awareness campaign promoting good practice for enhancing the vision of action against the climate crisis. This year 10 districts will take part and join more than 40 facilities and municipal buildings associated through us with this communal initiative.
What are the objectives?
The Climate Crisis Marathon’s general objectives are to save on the energy consumption of different municipal buildings and raise awareness among their users and persons responsible for energy poverty.
The specific objectives are:
- To reduce CO₂ emmisions due to electricity, gas and water consumption at various facilities during the month of February 2020 compared to the same period of the previous year.
- To ensure that these energy savings contribute to the fight against energy poverty and to advancing various adaptation and mitigation projects addressing the climate emergency.
It is important to be aware that we use more energy than we need, and by taking a few small measures we can make considerable savings and reduce CO₂ emissions.
What are we going to do to achieve this communal goal?
- Reduce electricity consumption:
- Turn off and regulate the timing of lighting fixtures when there is no activity and take as much advantage of natural light as possible.
- Turn off equipment completely, without leaving them on standby (computers, screens, music, cardio equipment, T.V.s etc).
- Regulate temperatures in activity suites and forego air conditioning according to the type of class.
- Lower the temperature in various suites at the centre.
- Games and activities designed for energy saving and to raise awareness
Reduce gas consumption:
Resource economy in showers and toilets
How can you help us achieve this goal?
There are many people visiting our facilities on a daily basis who make use of various suites and activity spaces. In order to help achieve this goal, to make this Marathon a success and contribute to the reduction of energy poverty which devastates many families without means, you can help us by performing a few simple actions:
- Bring an extra layer to classes so as not to get cold before exercises have had a chance to warm the body.
- Take quick showers and only use the necessary amount of water.
- If you are in the SPA zone, make responsible use of the showers in that area.
- Tell your friends and colleagues and encourage them to collaborate in this initiative!
You can find out more information about this initiative at reception, if you have any queries or proposals don’t hesitate to contact us.
We believe in a fairer and more sustainable world for all. Current resources are finite and their abuse has consequences for the planet as a whole. We are sure that many small actions make big changes possible. Reducing energy consumption helps to combat the effects of climate change- let’s work together to make it happen!