Marathon of energy saving.
Club Lleuresport is joining the Energy Saving Marathon, help us to achieve our goal!
Both Lleuresport centres CEM Can Ricart and CEM Colom, are joining the Marathon this year, taking place from the 1st to the 28th of February. The goal is to reduce consumption of gas, light and water by 10%. The savings we make will serve to help the City Council of Barcelona provide aid to energy poor families.
What is the Energy Saving Marathon?
The general goal is to save on consumption in municipally owned buildings and raise awareness among members and staff about energy poverty.
The specific goals are:
- To reduce, during the month of February 2019, water, electricity and gas consumption at different locales in comparison with the same period of the previous year.
- To apportion the energy savings achieved to the fight against energy poverty.
It is important to be aware of the fact that we use more energy than necessary, and that by taking small measures we can make substantial savings.
What will we do to achieve this solidary goal?
- Reduce the consumption of electricity:
- Turn off and time lights when there is no activity and make the most of natural light.
- Turn off devices, without leaving them on standby (computers, screens, music, exercise machines, tv…)
- Regulate temperature in the guided activity spaces, and, depending on the class, turn off heating/AC systems .
- Reduce the temperature in various suites at the centre.
- Play games relating to energy saving.
Reduce gas consumption:
- Reduce water flow in the showers and toilets.
How can you help us to achieve our objective?
You are one of the many who pass through our locales on a daily basis and make use of the various exercise suites and spaces. To help us achieve this goal, to make the marathon a success and contribute to reducing the energy poverty that devastates so many disadvantaged families, you can help us out by performing these small tasks:
- Bring extra clothing, jackets etc, in order to stay warm before your training session starts.
- Take a quick shower and only use the necessary amount of water.
- If you are in the SPA area, make responsible use of the showers in this area.
- Let your colleagues and friends know and encourage them to take part in this initiative.
You can get more information about the initiative at reception. If you have any doubts or proposals, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We believe in building a more sustainable and equitable world for all. The finite resources of our world at present and their systematic abuse has consequences for the entire planet. We’re certain that small actions make big change possible. Reducing energy consumption helps to combat the effects of climate change.
Here is a video of the Energy Saving Marathon:
Leave a Reply